5 Creative Household Uses for Baking Soda
Apartment living in Knoxville, TN never felt so good as it does at Steeplechase with its 1,2 and 3-bedroom apartment homes. Apartments have large windows allowing plenty of sunlight into your home and fireplaces add a cozy atmosphere winter evenings. Beautifully landscaped grounds with shade trees and lake provide a serene setting for strolls or take advantage of the fully equipped fitness center to start your day.
When looking for ways to clean your apartment, vehicle, and clothing, follow these tips to make the job easier.
- If your vehicle is leaking oil in your designated parking spot, apply a light coating of baking soda then scrub with a wet brush.
- Use a solution of baking soda and warm water to clean car windows, tires, vinyl seats, and chrome accessories and to clean corrosion from disconnected battery terminals.
- Refresh carpets by sprinkling baking soda over the carpet and leaving it overnight. Vacuum the following day which also deodorizes the vacuum cleaner.
- Add baking soda to a clean sponge and use to scrub away grime from counter tops, tile back splashes, appliances, and bathtubs and showers.
- Use 1/2-cup of baking soda during the rinse cycle to neutralize odors in clothing and linens.